The following aspects should be considered when determining whether your company has met requirements of the ADA standard:
Physical Accessibility - Does the establishment permit customers with disabilities ease of access to restrooms and exits, entryways, elevators, ramps, parking spaces and so on.? Are there handrails along stairways? Do signs indicate which areas can be accessed by wheelchairs?
Communication Access . Can people who are hearing impaired understand announcements made through speakers? What is the size of the font used on menus, posters, advertisements, etc. ?
Accessibility to the Program - Is it possible for someone using screen readers to browse the website without encountering any errors? What kind of text size is available to users? Does the text appear in color?
How can you ensure the compliance with ADA How do you ensure compliance with ADA requirements in Palmdale, Los Angeles, CA?
Don't want to risk being fined by authorities like the U.S. Department of Justice because you didn't meet the requirements set out in Title III of the Americans With Disabilities Act. To avoid this situation follow these tips:
1. Verify that your structure is compliant to the accessibility standards outlined above.
2. Ensure that your communication systems are compatible with people who suffer from various types visually impaired. For example, if you make use of Braille signage, make sure all information transmitted via these devices can be read.
3. Consider providing assistive listening devices so that deaf patrons have opportunities to communicate directly with the staff.
4. Give clear directions on how to contact Customer service reps. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, fax numbers, and so on.
5. Be aware of the many ways that people with visual difficulties use technology. If you are providing computer terminals or other technology, consider making them large and/or adjustable. keyboards.