The following factors should be considered when determining if your organization is in compliance with requirements of the ADA standard:
Physical accessibility - Does the establishment permit customers with disabilities accessibility to restrooms, entrances, exits, ramps, elevators spaces and so on.? Are there handrails in stairways? Do the signs show which areas are wheelchair accessible?
Communication Access . Can people with hearing loss understand announcements through speakers? What size font is used on posters, menus and advertisements. ?
Program Accessibility - Is it possible for users of a screen reader to navigate the site without having to worry about errors? What type of text will users be able to read? Does the content appear in color?
How do you ensure that you are in compliance with ADA for Van Nuys, Los Angeles, CA?
You don't want to get punished by The U.S. Department of Justice because you didn't meet the standards set forth under Title III of the Americans With Disabilities Act. To avoid this situation I've got some suggestions:
1. Make sure your building complies to the accessibility standards as described above.
2. Make sure that your communication devices can be used by people with various forms or disabilities in the visual. For instance, if you make use of Braille signage, make sure that all information provided via these devices is easily understood.
3. Look into providing assistive listening equipment so that patrons who are deaf can have the chance to speak to staff.
4. Give clear instructions on how to contact customer service representatives. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, locations, numbers for faxes, etc.
5. Be aware of the various ways that people with visual difficulties use technology. If you have computer terminals or other technology think about making them adjustable and/or larger than average keyboards.