The following aspects must be considered in determining if your business is in compliance with all the requirements for the ADA standard:
Physical Accessibility - Does your establishment allow customers with mobility impairments the convenience of restrooms, entrances, exits, ramps, elevators spaces, etc.? Do stairways have handrails? Do signs indicate which areas are wheelchair accessible?
Communication Access - Can people with hearing loss understand announcements that are made via speakers? How big is the font used on menus, posters or advertisements. ?
Accessibility of Programs - Is possible for a user of screen readers to use the site without having to worry about errors? What kind of text size can users see? Is the content presented in color?
How can you make sure that you are in the compliance of ADA How do you ensure compliance with ADA requirements in North Long Beach, Los Angeles, CA?
Don't want to risk being fined by The U.S. Department of Justice since you did not meet the criteria set forth in Title III of the Americans With Disabilities Act. To avoid this situation I've got some suggestions:
1. Make sure your building complies physically accessible requirements listed above.
2. Ensure that your communication systems are compatible with the needs of people with various forms deficiency in vision. For instance, if your employ Braille signage, make sure that the information you provide via these devices can be read.
3. Consider providing assistive listening devices so that deaf patrons have opportunities to communicate with staff members.
4. Give clear directions on how to contact the customer support representatives. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, fax numbers etc.
5. Be aware of all the ways that people with vision difficulties are able to interact with technologies. If you provide computers or other devices, consider making them flexible and/or bigger than normal keyboards.