The following aspects should be considered to determine if your company has met all the requirements for the ADA standard:
Physical Accessibility - Does the establishment accommodate customers with mobility limitations? Do they have accessibility to restrooms, entrances, exits, elevators, ramps, parking spaces, etc.? Are there handrails on stairways? Are signs posted to indicate areas that are accessible to wheelchairs?
Communication Access - Can people who are hearing impaired understand announcements made through speakers? How big is the font used on posters, menus advertising, etc. ?
Accessibility of Programs - Is possible for a user of a screen reader to browse the website without encountering issues? What type of text can users see? Are the contents presented in color?
How can you make sure that you are in compliance with ADA How do you ensure compliance with ADA requirements in Universal City, Los Angeles, CA?
Don't want to risk being punished by the U.S. Department of Justice since you did not meet the standards set forth under Title III of the Americans With Disabilities Act. To avoid this situation Here's some tips:
1. Make sure your building complies to the accessibility standards listed above.
2. Ensure that your communication systems are compatible with those of individuals with different forms visually impaired. For example, if you utilize Braille signage, be sure that the information that is provided by these devices is easily understood.
3. Think about providing assistive listening devices to enable patrons with hearing impairments the opportunities to communicate with staff members.
4. Give clear instructions on how to contact customer service representatives. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, locations, numbers for faxes, etc.
5. Be aware of the many ways people who have vision problems interact with technology. If you provide computer terminals , or any other device look into making them bigger and/or more adjustable than standard keyboards.